2005 Road Trip

Self Assured Senior Portraits, Sultry Bridal Studies, Dreamy Maternity Images, and Precocious Toddler Triumphs.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Houston to Amarillo Texas

5/31
Tuesday

by Tuesday we ready to go, or so I thought. I 'said' that I was leaving at 6 am so that no one would expect any 'interaction' well, krystal (did#2) woke me up at 5:45 am, by 7:30 am I was wasted and had to go back to sleep. after a 2 hour nap, I was ready to try again. loaded and out the driveway by 1030 am we were 2.5 hours behind schedule. during the drive, we wore out a couple of DVD's, and I quickly discovered that we would have two sets of movies, and rotate them so that I didn't have to hear the same dialog over and over more than one day in a row. drove from Klein Texas on I45 the place is already burning up from lack of rainfall this year. it has been unseasonably dry this spring. Then cutting over on 287 to Amarillo Texas and called it a night at motel 6, called Sverre to book online and got about a $5 discount for the night. gas prices were atrocious, started out at $1.88 a gallon, by Amarillo it was $2.04, bikes on back are KILLING my gas mileage. Normally the hybrid would get 42 mpg on the flat lands in Texas, now I am getting 29 mpg. taking the bikes off and storing the specialized in the car with the bike rack, hauling the trek up stairs to store in the room is a pain.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home