Boise Idaho to Cascade Idaho
6/28
Tuesday
rose with the sun, tried to dry out the camp, soaked from the night rains.Paid our $20 to the camp owner, had raisin bran muffins, drinkable yogurt (smoothies) and orange juice for breakfast.
loaded up the car and parked it in the general parking lot for the Boise Greenbelt, headed out on our bikes to tour Boise. destination: Boise Co-op and Ann Morrison Park. we did alright, all things considered. found the Idaho Candy Company by shear divine intervention. I was deliriously happy. 4 pounds of heaven for $5. had a picnic lunch at the Capital West Lawn and enjoyed the park and fountains and a tour of the park. got caught in a torrential downpour from hell on the ride back to the car, we were soaked to the gills. I hated that part, it was freezing cold rain, I couldn't see, I couldn't stop, and I hated to go. parked under the lean-to at the RV on the River, and I went and fetched the car, we had a hot shower and a picnic snack waiting for the clothes to dry. I cut up the vegetables and drowned them with a raspberry marinade that we would grill when we got to the Lake for dinner.
loaded our car and drove 2 hours to Lake Cascade, Cascade Idaho, that was the most scenic but irritating, Sverre has issues with the curves, bends, and narrow roads, since I have been driving highway 12 for so long, it was nothing to me, but he insisted going the posted speed limit of 35 mph, which was fine, we just had to pull over every other mile to let 10 people pass.
Played our $11.42, and Pitched a tent under the tree and and grilled our veggies and Sverre a salmon and me some chicken. a good thing we gave the boys a late lunch/snack at 4 pm, they crashed before the tent was even set up. and slept through the night. cooking and setting up the tent in the dark was awful.
Tuesday
rose with the sun, tried to dry out the camp, soaked from the night rains.Paid our $20 to the camp owner, had raisin bran muffins, drinkable yogurt (smoothies) and orange juice for breakfast.
loaded up the car and parked it in the general parking lot for the Boise Greenbelt, headed out on our bikes to tour Boise. destination: Boise Co-op and Ann Morrison Park. we did alright, all things considered. found the Idaho Candy Company by shear divine intervention. I was deliriously happy. 4 pounds of heaven for $5. had a picnic lunch at the Capital West Lawn and enjoyed the park and fountains and a tour of the park. got caught in a torrential downpour from hell on the ride back to the car, we were soaked to the gills. I hated that part, it was freezing cold rain, I couldn't see, I couldn't stop, and I hated to go. parked under the lean-to at the RV on the River, and I went and fetched the car, we had a hot shower and a picnic snack waiting for the clothes to dry. I cut up the vegetables and drowned them with a raspberry marinade that we would grill when we got to the Lake for dinner.
loaded our car and drove 2 hours to Lake Cascade, Cascade Idaho, that was the most scenic but irritating, Sverre has issues with the curves, bends, and narrow roads, since I have been driving highway 12 for so long, it was nothing to me, but he insisted going the posted speed limit of 35 mph, which was fine, we just had to pull over every other mile to let 10 people pass.
Played our $11.42, and Pitched a tent under the tree and and grilled our veggies and Sverre a salmon and me some chicken. a good thing we gave the boys a late lunch/snack at 4 pm, they crashed before the tent was even set up. and slept through the night. cooking and setting up the tent in the dark was awful.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home