Boise Idaho to Clarkston Washington
6/3
Friday
Friday was a small jaunt through Boise before heading north on 55 through what can best be described as god's country. mileage improving marginally in the mountains (34 mpg) climbed and dropped over about 5 mountains. went from the gentle foot hills of Boise with adorable neighborhoods, out the main drag to Eagle, Idaho, and quickly climbed over the rugged terrain, dropping gently down into the picturesque valley, and then up again, over the lush green tree covered mountain, and then down again into the richest farm fields of wheat and mustard, quick climb back up in the the rugged mountains and down again, we passed lakes and valleys, and was never board. the two lane road was pretty fast, light traffic kept it pleasant. many post card pictures all along the way if only I had allowed more time to stop and take them. last bit of drive from white bird to Clarkston was tedious with construction and some s-l-o-w traffic, but over all the trip was a good 5 hours. Magnus is requesting that we go home now, he is tired of traveling and just wants to go home. he really misses his dad and is teary eyed.
arrived in Washington at motel 6 and still had enough time after unloading the car to get in a short 30 minute 4 mile ride down along the river wharf. learned quickly about puncture weeds. holy bat crap, that stuff is uncivilized. 2 mile and Erik's tires were worthless, I had to load his bike in the back of the burley trailer and him in with Magnus in the front, and then pull them all back to the room. that is about 5 lbs for the specialized, 45 lbs for Erik and 40 lbs for Magnus and 10 lbs for the trailer behind my little Trek. I did it, but I was not enjoying it. the heat was not too terribly bad, about 90 but still I worked up a sweat.
visit with Naomi was for the most part a disaster. instead of meeting at the motel which is familiar for her, the plan was changed to the park, and she was out of sorts the whole day. then the biological father was insistent on demonstrating the 'hard ass approach' the parenting, and how reasonable expectations are. all it succeeded in doing was destroying Naomi down to -0- self esteem and making her cling to him for love and affection, he seemed to enjoy the physical restraint of her in putting her in a upper body lock, pulling her off the monkey bars, and holding her off the ground until she raised her feet up and then he was loath that she was being defiant. before the whole theatrics were over, she had urinated on herself, and he gave me a story that she had not done that in 5 years. and that she was capable of 'normal' behavior and he felt that she as just acting like this because of my visit. I found the whole spectacle reprehensible, but rather than defend my child, I left her to his tactics, the courts had appointed this 'person' to be fit to raise her over my objections and my firmly held beliefs that she as in danger due to his power trips and need for absolute domination. the more I struggled to protect her the more he attacked us both, so despite my own anguish, it was better to just leave her to his cruelties and not get involved and thus avoid personal attacks on myself. personally I have always hated that my own mother opted for this technique. that she would leave me to fend for myself and save herself, but after 15 years, I can see the benefits and have tried it, the trick is to learn to live with myself afterwards. we cut the visit short, he took her home to change her, and then meet me at the motel room. Naomi was pretty abusive to Jennifer and Doug when they dropped her off. I told her that was not acceptable. and she ended up returning to the van with Jennifer for her punishment. she returned and seemed to be calm is not happy.
Friday
Friday was a small jaunt through Boise before heading north on 55 through what can best be described as god's country. mileage improving marginally in the mountains (34 mpg) climbed and dropped over about 5 mountains. went from the gentle foot hills of Boise with adorable neighborhoods, out the main drag to Eagle, Idaho, and quickly climbed over the rugged terrain, dropping gently down into the picturesque valley, and then up again, over the lush green tree covered mountain, and then down again into the richest farm fields of wheat and mustard, quick climb back up in the the rugged mountains and down again, we passed lakes and valleys, and was never board. the two lane road was pretty fast, light traffic kept it pleasant. many post card pictures all along the way if only I had allowed more time to stop and take them. last bit of drive from white bird to Clarkston was tedious with construction and some s-l-o-w traffic, but over all the trip was a good 5 hours. Magnus is requesting that we go home now, he is tired of traveling and just wants to go home. he really misses his dad and is teary eyed.
arrived in Washington at motel 6 and still had enough time after unloading the car to get in a short 30 minute 4 mile ride down along the river wharf. learned quickly about puncture weeds. holy bat crap, that stuff is uncivilized. 2 mile and Erik's tires were worthless, I had to load his bike in the back of the burley trailer and him in with Magnus in the front, and then pull them all back to the room. that is about 5 lbs for the specialized, 45 lbs for Erik and 40 lbs for Magnus and 10 lbs for the trailer behind my little Trek. I did it, but I was not enjoying it. the heat was not too terribly bad, about 90 but still I worked up a sweat.
visit with Naomi was for the most part a disaster. instead of meeting at the motel which is familiar for her, the plan was changed to the park, and she was out of sorts the whole day. then the biological father was insistent on demonstrating the 'hard ass approach' the parenting, and how reasonable expectations are. all it succeeded in doing was destroying Naomi down to -0- self esteem and making her cling to him for love and affection, he seemed to enjoy the physical restraint of her in putting her in a upper body lock, pulling her off the monkey bars, and holding her off the ground until she raised her feet up and then he was loath that she was being defiant. before the whole theatrics were over, she had urinated on herself, and he gave me a story that she had not done that in 5 years. and that she was capable of 'normal' behavior and he felt that she as just acting like this because of my visit. I found the whole spectacle reprehensible, but rather than defend my child, I left her to his tactics, the courts had appointed this 'person' to be fit to raise her over my objections and my firmly held beliefs that she as in danger due to his power trips and need for absolute domination. the more I struggled to protect her the more he attacked us both, so despite my own anguish, it was better to just leave her to his cruelties and not get involved and thus avoid personal attacks on myself. personally I have always hated that my own mother opted for this technique. that she would leave me to fend for myself and save herself, but after 15 years, I can see the benefits and have tried it, the trick is to learn to live with myself afterwards. we cut the visit short, he took her home to change her, and then meet me at the motel room. Naomi was pretty abusive to Jennifer and Doug when they dropped her off. I told her that was not acceptable. and she ended up returning to the van with Jennifer for her punishment. she returned and seemed to be calm is not happy.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home