2005 Road Trip

Self Assured Senior Portraits, Sultry Bridal Studies, Dreamy Maternity Images, and Precocious Toddler Triumphs.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Boise, Idaho

6/17
Friday
left the very soggy bikes and trailer pinioned to the fence and took the car out for a jaunt around town. investigated Eagle Idaho, Located HP campus, revisited the east Boise residential (warm springs) area, and finally parked the car downtown to adventure into the GROVE. for a Friday night it was DEAD! walked down town to city hall and played in the water fountains, walked a little further to see the capital building, and then walked back to the GROVE and played around the water fountains. the town has a thing about fountains. paid my parking $6 for 1 hour and 42 minutes. YIKES. was supposed to be $1.50 / half hour and $3 for the evening. I got there at 4:17 pm, they did not cut me a break on the evening rate. lots of sidewalk cafe's. smells from the Parisian cafe nearly temped me in, but I had already got bagels at the bagel shop down the road in warm springs. they were a disappointment. *sigh*
found a nice wifi hotspot in Garden City at the best little espresso shop, Moxie Java. finally found what I think is the perfect blend. she says that it is a tall (16 oz) with white chocolate and the espresso is just the cr�me's it was lick-the-lid roll-the-eyes from-the-diaphragm-sigh good. worth every penny of the $3.25. started calling the coffee cup (whispering) 'precious'.
one of the neighbors in the RV campground has been evicted by assistance of the police. they had a tent, a gazebo and heaven knows what all covered with a frayed green tarp that resembled a 'tent city' tent from some refugee camp. I was alerted to the situation when they drove by an asked what I was paying per day and how long I was staying. they were HOPPING MAD and cussing up a storm as they were taking down their 'camp'. my set up is so plain Jane, just a tent and two baby camp chairs. I guess boring is good. no one complained. however there are some RV's here that have definitely set up squatters rights, they have permanent structures attached the the RV's and I am not talking just porches and 100 gallon propane bottles but some serious storage sheds, green houses and other amenities. 13.3 miles on the bikes. maggie did really good running about 1/4 mile. he is going to be my IRON man player. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home