2005 Road Trip

Self Assured Senior Portraits, Sultry Bridal Studies, Dreamy Maternity Images, and Precocious Toddler Triumphs.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Clarkston, Washington

6/26
Sunday
we woke up and headed over to Albertsons for some supplies, blue berry pancakes for breakfast, PBJ for lunch with bananas and water, and dinner will be spaghetti. didn't hardly make it in the door and the kids were giving me attitude. so had to go back out and have a CHAT and try again, they were much better the second time around. considered going to the park, but since Naomi has no bicycle, and I had the car full of sleeping bags when I dug through the trunk to get the pancake griddle, we opted out. watched some TV, colored homemade birthday cards for Magnus, worked on Naomi's spelling / penmanship, and then played with paper airplanes. brought back a memory my grandmother Allen gave me once. she tried to get the twins interested in papers dolls, depression era paper dolls were cut from the new paper and catalogs, as were the clothes. and for a while it worked, albeit brief while. with this generation of kids, it works a little bit better. they love paper cards, paper airplanes, and would probably love paper dolls as well.
today is the last day of this visit, and then after an early loading of the car and an early bed, we should be on the road EARLY tomorrow. will whip up the pancakes tonight and reheat them in the microwave in the morning, so that we are all loaded before going to bed. theoretically if we go through walla walla Washington, cut down through Oregon, we should make Boise by noon if all goes well.
the staff here at Motel 6 have been phenomenal on customer service and making my stay more pleasant. definitely feel like a mix between family and elite guests. McDonalds are also so used to use and give us such good treatment, even if we just order 3 ice creams and 3 chicken sandwiches. they are just happy to see us. I just wish that Magnus would potty train and give up the thumb. it is so irritating to change diapers at this late date and beyond aggravating to hear him sucking so noisily at 2 am and 3 am and 4 am on that thumb. I am [-this-] close to putting some tobacco sauce on it. ;-) at least some duct tape.
Now that Naomi has gone home we have hit the pool, the boys are alone, so it is pretty peaceful and quiet. I.e., perfect. I may even grab my suit and climb in for some rest and relaxation. my ankle has healed remarkably fast after modifying my diet and eliminating so much salt. so this would probably not aggravate that.
Magnus 4th birthday. he has requested a strawberry cake. I can not believe how fast it has gone. 4 years. what was I doing 4 years ago. nervous. anxious. apprehensive. but never would I have thought that it would have gone so fast. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home