2005 Road Trip

Self Assured Senior Portraits, Sultry Bridal Studies, Dreamy Maternity Images, and Precocious Toddler Triumphs.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Missoula, Montana to Clarkston, Washington

6/25
Saturday
rain during the night, got the car loaded with only a few sprinkles. the boys were still asleep as I was ready to pull out. they were so over tired. got them dressed, loaded and headed into town for the market. the rain threatened all day, I was very surprised at the number of vendors with ORGANIC on their goods. some of the goods were obviously brought in in a truck from California. absolutely hopeless, a farmers market should be LOCAL PRODUCE not just produce shipped in on a truck. sad. got a 1/2 decent coffee from the Caboose, requested cr�me's only and it was still too bitter. at a profoundly ridiculous price. Erik scored two bunches of organic baby carrots for $1/bunch. got some good snacks at the great harvest bread company. too early in the season for what I wanted which was bell peppers, onions, broccoli, and other grill food. strolled around the farmers market twice, ran into Leota and her mom, Della and her friend, and Nikki and her daughter. headed down to the 'people's market' which is crafts and artesian. that has grown as well and now they are starting up another farmers market in Caras park, called River Front Farmer's Market. I didn't have time to check that out this weekend, but hopefully in a couple of weeks.
Road Trip through the pass at noon went well, extremely fast with very little traffic, the boys watched a DVD and I kept my mind on the road.
weather in Clarkston is hot, sunny and dry. since Naomi was not allowed to bring a swimming suit this time, we had more of a quiet day. An early dinner in Clarkston, Washington was unbelievable. Erik, Magnus and Naomi were on their very best behavior. They went way over board being quiet and sitting still, we went to Tomato Brothers and was seated right away (5:30 pm is very little crowd) we were in the corner which helped the kids. they were extremely patient considering it took 20 minutes to get our meals from the time we ordered. as we were leaving however the entire meal was ruined by an elderly couple. the husband was so completely uncouth, telling me that I really need to control my kids, (we had our check and was leaving for heavens sake, all they were doing was standing at a different table while I was figuring the tip. the woman was so snotty telling me that I should be a better mother and teach my kids some manners and I lit in to her, told her that her mom should have done a better job teaching her manners. after we departed, me in a fury, she sitting in a haughty snit, I was trying to regain my composure with the kids, they were invited to play bubbles with some of the other motel kids, when the one child kept going off on Erik not to pop the bubbles before they touch the ground, and I said, what happens when they touch the ground, he said, they pop. well hello, what harm was Erik doing? finally after 4 more times, I just gathered the kids up and we went into the room, I had no patience left for other people's issues.
we settled down and got ready for bed by 7 pm and the fortunately the kids were asleep by 9 pm. a first for our Naomi sleep over's, usually it is very stressful, terribly difficult and fraught with frustration. this time was great. we had a small tragedy, she ate Magnus's and Erik's muffins that they got at the Farmers Market and they were heartbroken that she had done that without asking. she apologized and after awhile, all was forgiven if not forgotten. Magnus ended up camping with Naomi instead of Erik, that was a deviation from the usual but it worked out well. the dynamics between the three have always been lumped with Naomi and Erik and to have Magnus and Naomi be closer would be a good thing. I however couldn't go to sleep until much later. Krys called fussing about door alarms, boyfriend issues, and step dads, Jazz called fussing about this, that and the other. and Sverre called, he had successfully rode 15 miles to the base of bogus basin, 15 miles up bogus basin, 15 miles down, 15 miles back. where he collected an additional 30 miles I am not sure, but he swears he got in 60 miles for the day. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home