2005 Road Trip

Self Assured Senior Portraits, Sultry Bridal Studies, Dreamy Maternity Images, and Precocious Toddler Triumphs.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Redfish Lake in Sawtooth Wilderness (Idaho)

6/30
Thursday
rise and shine to completely socked in by fog, sneaked up to the toilets ALONE and then down to the lake for some sunrise photos of the mountains, lake and forest. back up to camp to wash-up the griddle, and make some pancakes. 4 for Sverre, 3 for me, 2 for Erik, 2 for Magnus. then clean the grill up and watched the local chipmunk help clean up the extra pancakes. don't feed the animals didn't apply to him, and he was constantly stealing from Magnus' plate on the picnic table. Magnus must be on a growth spurt, he is sleeping in pretty late each day, not waking up until 10 or 11 am. Once we got the camp picked up, we headed off for and adventure. we made it 1.5 miles to the beach, and not only did the boys play, but Sverre stripped down to his shorts and wadded out until ht was waist deep and sank down a couple of times, BRAVE DUDE, it was 32 at night and 58 during the day, when he went in the air was 9'C and I bet the water was not more than 40F, After he left the water, I needed to get Magnus cleaned up, he wet his pull up,., was covered in sand, so I did the quick and dirty and sluiced him in the frigid water and he didn't scream but he was not happy, since his daddy had just done it, he was a little more cooperative. I had to set him on a rock to properly sluice water on his legs, boy was it cold. I was brave enough to wade out to my calves, Sverre and I got the boys dressed, and we set off to work farther around the north shore of the lake. we made it another 3.5 miles to the Guest Lodge, had a nice lunch (redfish chowder / salad / water for 4 was $31) and then came the bathroom issues again. I swear, it is enough to drive me to drink. Erik is 5.75 years old, takes FOREVER to do the deed, and then REQUIRES royal attention to the paperwork. aauugghh. Magnus SAYS he has to go, but then REFUSES to go, after I got them both back out of the bathrooms, (35 minutes later) I STILL had to change Magnus because he had NOT gone in the bathroom, and HAD gone in his pull-up. I was FRUSTRATED. back on the bikes and made it to the last campground, no way to go further to the headwaters of the lake, back around and stopped on the shores to play at the beach for a few minutes. we had a spot of snack (Idaho spud bites and water. Magnus threw a fit, he is definitely tired and needs a nap. then we had to load back up and go to find (you guessed it, a TOILET for Erik). this time, his father had to cope, I am DONE.
we loaded up yet again and peddled a mile farther, to the last camp ground, just couldn't get further on bikes, only a hiking path, so we turned around, went past the lodge, and eventually I got some pictures of the river leaving the lake and going under the bridge, and Magnus taking forever to proceed on.
FINALLY we pedal back to camp and I am just tired enough to take a nap, but instead I load up Magnus and we drive 5 miles back into town to call Naomi since I have no cell service. Tried 4 times from a payphone, no luck. get some food fixings, drive back to camp, wipe up some dinner, start a camp fire to finish off the marshmallows, Erik is a Champion marshmallow baker, lightly crusty on the outside, totally liquidy on the inside. Sverre and I got the camp cleaned up, I headed to bed, leaving Sverre to watch the embers. I did some downloading of my photos, editing my final selection. narrowed down to 225 images from the week. and then roll over and crashed. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home