Lolo, Montana to Clarkston Washington
Thursday
7/28
car loaded, water bottles out of the freezer, (great idea) and we cruise through the canyon. constantly amazed that yet another truck over turned at the exact same as a couple of weeks ago, this time completely going over the embankment and down in the river. I am sure the driver is toast. it was excessively warm, got to Clarkston, and double checked on the internet rate for the motel before checking in, much better to have the rate up front than get credits back on my card. Naomi came. she started out without emotion and then the flood gates burst and she was completely inconsolable. the crocodile tears flowed out of both eyes splashing down on her arms, then she started slapping her arms in rage and frustration. I told her to stop hitting herself. after 5 minutes, she moved from the table to the bed, laying on her back with her legs arched up in the air her arms folded up like a praying mantis and the hysterical crying continued. I explained to her in a calm manner that we were not go anywhere until she got control of herself. after about 10 minutes, she tried desperately to get control. in the mean time I calmly explained to the boys that she was on her period and what a period was and why she was hysterical. she came over to me and started to crawl on me, and I pushed her away, explaining that she needed to get control of herself and I moved to the bathroom. I got her a washcloth to wipe away the tears from her face, and she came up to me, draping both hands at the wrist over my forearm, she tried desperately to convince me that she had control of her self, but it was obvious that she was still overwrought with emotion. I moved back to the bed and let her burst forth again without talking to her. finally she stopped crying and calmed down. even Erik noticed that she was calmed and asked if they could all go get something to eat for dinner. totally time from opening of door to calm and collected was 30 minutes.
Naomi had a 40 minute episode of sanity and we TALKED. she told me that she didn't want to go back to the yellow house (her father's) and that she wanted to be with me. and she wanted to go to Lolo to go shopping for a present, and she was not going to school and she was mad at Sverre, I asked her why, she just kept ranting that she was mad at him, (sic for not seeing her) and I explained to her that I had to go back to Texas to take care of Sverre and Krystal, that it was their turn. I had spend 9 weeks with her and they had not gotten any visitation. she said it was the court order that she could not go, and I said yes. her dad had asked the courts to say no because that was what he wanted. then I explained to her that I loved her when I was in Washington, I loved her when I was in Montana, and I loved her when I was in Texas, and that I loved her no matter where she was. she kept arguing with me that she was not going to school and that she was not going back to the yellow house. I said that I had to go back to the brown house and I told her I would be back for her turn at thanksgiving and her birthday and it would be her turn again, like I came for last Christmas and January, and then I had to go back and take care of Sverre and Krystal and Jen would watch her for me while I worked. I got some nail polish remover and cleaned the chipped bright pink polish and put on some pretty clear on her nails
She she calmed down, we got our shoes on, and walked over to the dollar store and browsed for 20 minutes and after repeating myself about 49 times that they could have ONE CHOICE, each time they picked up a second item. we finally made it out with ONE ITEM EACH. Erik got a policeman set, Magnus got a Farmer set, and Naomi got a stuffed Dalmatian, I got jazz a lunch sac and me three compression sacs for the sleeping bags, they worked so well, I have to go back and get one more. sweet deal since they are usually $15-20 each at REI.
we walked over the get a chicken sandwich, ice water and ate, I didn't let them know that there was anything else until those were gone. Naomi put hers back in the sac untouched, Magnus ate 1/2 of his and Erik finished his and was surprised with a chocolate milk. I explained that no one would get one until all the dinner was finished, Magnus made short time of his and Naomi fished hers back out of the bag and promptly if somewhat resentfully ate hers. all ended up with a chocolate milk when they were finished.
we walked back to the room, watched ZOOM and then at 7 pm we drove back over the bridge to get some pictures with the water fountain (it is only on late afternoon) which started out rough, got worse, and finally got SOMETHING. the dreadful part is that it is too dark to shoot with natural light, and Naomi blinks with the flash, (have to investigate if the SB600 has a redeye mode with preflash) and the reflector was a joke, the kids ended up ruining it rather that having it help me. I gave up after 1 hour and we took a drive back up in to the orchards in Clarkston for 1/2 hour while I had the kids essentially bound by seatbelts for 30 minutes of not worrying. got back to the room. while I was actually packing the sleeping bags in the compression sacks, Erik and Magnus were raiding the snack sac, Naomi thought we were having a sleep over and proceeded to get ready for bed. she was down to her panties when I looked up, I told her that we were not having a sleep over, and she needed to get dressed. poor mutt loves to have sleep overs, but she must have forgotten that she didn't bring her over night bag with her PJ's, toothbrush.
got the boys dressed for the pool, had planned an hour to wear them out, but they lost interest after 15 minutes due to no one else being at the pool. we we wrapped it up, went back to the room, got PJ's on, and would you believe, after carefully packing just a 4 day essentials bag, putting all the extras in the trunk, I didn't have PJ's? so FORTUNATELY I did not have the bikes loaded, I was able to get the 'extras' bag out of the trunk and locate a nightgown for me. now the lights are out, the boys are in bed, but WILL NOT SHUT UP and go to sleep. so finally with the lights out, the computer off, they decided that it was prudent to go to sleep. we were out by 1030 pm, and guess who woke up at 530 am without help? augh. just when I thought I could sleep in! rats!
7/28
car loaded, water bottles out of the freezer, (great idea) and we cruise through the canyon. constantly amazed that yet another truck over turned at the exact same as a couple of weeks ago, this time completely going over the embankment and down in the river. I am sure the driver is toast. it was excessively warm, got to Clarkston, and double checked on the internet rate for the motel before checking in, much better to have the rate up front than get credits back on my card. Naomi came. she started out without emotion and then the flood gates burst and she was completely inconsolable. the crocodile tears flowed out of both eyes splashing down on her arms, then she started slapping her arms in rage and frustration. I told her to stop hitting herself. after 5 minutes, she moved from the table to the bed, laying on her back with her legs arched up in the air her arms folded up like a praying mantis and the hysterical crying continued. I explained to her in a calm manner that we were not go anywhere until she got control of herself. after about 10 minutes, she tried desperately to get control. in the mean time I calmly explained to the boys that she was on her period and what a period was and why she was hysterical. she came over to me and started to crawl on me, and I pushed her away, explaining that she needed to get control of herself and I moved to the bathroom. I got her a washcloth to wipe away the tears from her face, and she came up to me, draping both hands at the wrist over my forearm, she tried desperately to convince me that she had control of her self, but it was obvious that she was still overwrought with emotion. I moved back to the bed and let her burst forth again without talking to her. finally she stopped crying and calmed down. even Erik noticed that she was calmed and asked if they could all go get something to eat for dinner. totally time from opening of door to calm and collected was 30 minutes.
Naomi had a 40 minute episode of sanity and we TALKED. she told me that she didn't want to go back to the yellow house (her father's) and that she wanted to be with me. and she wanted to go to Lolo to go shopping for a present, and she was not going to school and she was mad at Sverre, I asked her why, she just kept ranting that she was mad at him, (sic for not seeing her) and I explained to her that I had to go back to Texas to take care of Sverre and Krystal, that it was their turn. I had spend 9 weeks with her and they had not gotten any visitation. she said it was the court order that she could not go, and I said yes. her dad had asked the courts to say no because that was what he wanted. then I explained to her that I loved her when I was in Washington, I loved her when I was in Montana, and I loved her when I was in Texas, and that I loved her no matter where she was. she kept arguing with me that she was not going to school and that she was not going back to the yellow house. I said that I had to go back to the brown house and I told her I would be back for her turn at thanksgiving and her birthday and it would be her turn again, like I came for last Christmas and January, and then I had to go back and take care of Sverre and Krystal and Jen would watch her for me while I worked. I got some nail polish remover and cleaned the chipped bright pink polish and put on some pretty clear on her nails
She she calmed down, we got our shoes on, and walked over to the dollar store and browsed for 20 minutes and after repeating myself about 49 times that they could have ONE CHOICE, each time they picked up a second item. we finally made it out with ONE ITEM EACH. Erik got a policeman set, Magnus got a Farmer set, and Naomi got a stuffed Dalmatian, I got jazz a lunch sac and me three compression sacs for the sleeping bags, they worked so well, I have to go back and get one more. sweet deal since they are usually $15-20 each at REI.
we walked over the get a chicken sandwich, ice water and ate, I didn't let them know that there was anything else until those were gone. Naomi put hers back in the sac untouched, Magnus ate 1/2 of his and Erik finished his and was surprised with a chocolate milk. I explained that no one would get one until all the dinner was finished, Magnus made short time of his and Naomi fished hers back out of the bag and promptly if somewhat resentfully ate hers. all ended up with a chocolate milk when they were finished.
we walked back to the room, watched ZOOM and then at 7 pm we drove back over the bridge to get some pictures with the water fountain (it is only on late afternoon) which started out rough, got worse, and finally got SOMETHING. the dreadful part is that it is too dark to shoot with natural light, and Naomi blinks with the flash, (have to investigate if the SB600 has a redeye mode with preflash) and the reflector was a joke, the kids ended up ruining it rather that having it help me. I gave up after 1 hour and we took a drive back up in to the orchards in Clarkston for 1/2 hour while I had the kids essentially bound by seatbelts for 30 minutes of not worrying. got back to the room. while I was actually packing the sleeping bags in the compression sacks, Erik and Magnus were raiding the snack sac, Naomi thought we were having a sleep over and proceeded to get ready for bed. she was down to her panties when I looked up, I told her that we were not having a sleep over, and she needed to get dressed. poor mutt loves to have sleep overs, but she must have forgotten that she didn't bring her over night bag with her PJ's, toothbrush.
got the boys dressed for the pool, had planned an hour to wear them out, but they lost interest after 15 minutes due to no one else being at the pool. we we wrapped it up, went back to the room, got PJ's on, and would you believe, after carefully packing just a 4 day essentials bag, putting all the extras in the trunk, I didn't have PJ's? so FORTUNATELY I did not have the bikes loaded, I was able to get the 'extras' bag out of the trunk and locate a nightgown for me. now the lights are out, the boys are in bed, but WILL NOT SHUT UP and go to sleep. so finally with the lights out, the computer off, they decided that it was prudent to go to sleep. we were out by 1030 pm, and guess who woke up at 530 am without help? augh. just when I thought I could sleep in! rats!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home